Copyright © 2008. Town of Pendleton, SC. All rights reserved.
Town of Pendleton, 310 Greenville Street, Pendleton, SC 29670 Phone 864-646-9409 Fax 864-646-5425
- Water - The Town is committed to ensuring the quality of your water. Efforts are continually made to improve the water treatment process and to protect our water resources. Our water source is Duke Water Systems, Hartwell Lake Filter Plant, which is supplied by surface water from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Hartwell Lake Reservoir, lying along the border of Upstate South Carolina and Georgia.
Pendleton Water Works routinely monitors for contaminants in your drinking water according to federal and state laws. The Town sends out an Annual Consumer Confidence Report which shows the results of our water quality analyses. Every regulated contaminant that the Town detects in the water is listed in this report. The Town of Pendleton is proud that your drinking water meets or exceeds all federal and state requirements.
More information about contaminants and potential health effects can be obtained by calling the Environmental Protection Agency's Safe Drinking Water Hotline at (800) 426-4791.
- Sewer - The sewer system runs 3' to 8' underground throughout the town. It consists of an 8" pipe made either of plastic, clay or ductile iron. It collects all of the raw sewage from the town and delivers it to the Waste Treatment Plant for refinement.
For emergencies after hours, call (864) 646-9073. You will automatically be connected with an answering service which will dispatch the employee-on-call.
- Sanitation - The Department of Public Works provides weekly routine sanitation collections of household and business garbage within the town. After daily collections, it is taken to the Anderson Regional Landfill, where it can be disposed of properly.
Bulk Container Users: We offer a service where we will pick up, empty, clean and disinfect your bulk container for a fee of $40.00. If interested, please contact Kandice Morgan at the (864) 646-9073, to make an appointment. All appointments will be scheduled for a Friday afternoon.
- Brush - The Department of Public works provides a weekly routine collection of debris and brush. This is defined as any metal, wood, household furniture, yard trimmings, and brush. All brush and/or trimmings must be 6 foot in length or shorter.
In 2002, Pendleton entered into a partnership with the municipalities of Central and Clemson to dispose of brush at the Clemson Brush Grinding Facility located at the Clemson Public Works Department. All brush is now being taken to Clemson to be made into mulch which is then given back to the residents of Pendleton, Clemson and Central at no charge. The brush that can not be taken to Clemson, along with other debris, is taken to the Starr C&D Landfill which is operated by Anderson County.
If you have any questions concerning brush or would like information on obtaining free mulch, please call Kandice Morgan at (864) 646-9073.
- Recycling - The Town of Pendleton began the Curbside Recycling Program in April of 2002. As of November of 2003, the town has received the following awards/certificates from Keep America Beautiful:
- Waste Minimization Pride Award
- Operating a Curbside Recycling Program Certificate
- Earning the Best Score on the Litter Index Certificate
The recycling route runs in the afternoon of the same day as your scheduled garbage collection.
Direct questions to Kandice Morgan at (864) 646-9073
- Community Service Program - The Town works with the Department of Pardons and Parole in Anderson, to provide a place where people can work off their community service time. Once here, they are required to work a minimum of 8 hours per week. Failure to do so results in their termination from the program. Once their hours are complete, a copy is sent in to the Department of Pardons and Parole and their agent is notified of their completion.
The Town of Pendleton hopes to show them that life is what you make out of it, and that hard work is a part of life. Hopefully, by the time they complete the program, they will leave here with more self-respect and higher esteem.
For more information about being a Community Service Program Volunteer, call Sheila Alewine at (864) 260-2230.
Physical Address: 600 East Queen St, Pendleton, SC 29670; 864-646-9073
Mailing Address: 310 Greenville St,
Pendleton, SC 29670
Hours: M - F, 8-5
Charles Kemp, Interim Public Works Director
Kandice Morgan, Administrative Assistant
Public Works Employees
These forms are Adobe PDF Files. Selecting a file will download the document to your computer if you have Adobe Acrobat installed.
Customers First, Quality Always.